The Gaslight Jungle
Queen of London Summer Court
Blessing: Spend Glamour, reroll a Brawl attack, once per scene. +1 to Brawl rolls
Concept: Summer Court Queen
Int 3 | Wits 3 | Resolve 4
Strength 5 | Dex 4 | Stamina 4
Presence 5 | Manipulation 3 | Composure 4
Academic 3 | Investigation 4 | Politics 4
Athletics 3 | Brawl 5 | Firearms 2 | Stealth 5 | Survival 3 | Weaponry 5
Animal Ken 2| Empathy 1 | Expression 2 | Intimidation 4 | Persuasion 2 | Socialize 1 | Streetwise 1
Fleeting Summer (CTL 162)
- ● Baleful Sense | 1 Glamour | DP: Wyrd + Wits | Sense the greatest nearby source of wrath
- ●● Goblin’s Malignance | 1 Glamour | DP: Mantle + Manipulation + Persuasion vs Powerstat + Composure | Redirect the focus of a subject’s wrath
- ●●● Friendless Tongue | 2 Glamour | DP: Mantle + Manipulation + Subterfuge vs Powerstat + Composure | Stir a person to fury with harmless words
- ●●●● Sundown Eyes | 3 Glamour | DP: Mantle + Presence + Socialize – Subject’s Composure | Quell all conflict in an area temporarily
- ●●●●● The Flames of Summer | 2 Glamour + 1 Willpower | DP: Mantle + Stamina + Animal Ken | Enter an unstoppable fury; gain +2 to Physical rolls and ignore all wound penalties
Eternal Summer (CTL 155)
- ● Son of the Hearth | 1 Glamour + 1 Willpower | DP: Wyrd + Survival | Remain at a comfortable temperature, no matter what the outside circumstances are
- ●● Ulf’s Heart | 1 or more Glamour | DP: Mantle + Strength + Occult | Produce a small light for one scene; extend its presence by spending 1 more Glamour
- ●●● Noonday Grasp | 2 Glamour | DP: Mantle + Stamina + Brawl | Gain +1 Strength with one success, and another +1 with every three successes after that
- ●●●● Solstice Revelation | 3 Glamour | DP: Mantle + Presence + Occult | Let loose a bright light that reveals all hidden individuals and challenges supernatural cloaking
- ●●●●● The Lord’s Dread Gaze | 3 Glamour (+ 1 Willpower) | DP: Mantle + Dexterity + Athletics – Subject’s Defense | Unleash a beam of focused sunlight that does Lethal (Aggravated with Willpower)
Punishing Summer (LOS 49)
- ● Smoldergrip | 1 Glamour | DP: Strength + Wits – Objects Size | Makes an object unbearably hot to the touch
- ●● Battle Bright | 2 Glamour | DP: Wyrd + Presence vs Highest Wits + Composure within sight | Creates a blinding beacon that distracts all attackers
- ●●● Crown of Clashing Fire | 2 Glamour + 1 Willpower | DP: Wyrd + Resolve – Subject’s Stamina | Summons up a ring of flaming thorns that forces a target into one-on-one combat
- ●●●● Baleful Stroke of Summer Sun | 3 Glamour | DP: Wyrd + Stamina vs Stamina + Composure. This is after an attack | Inflicts a sun stroke on the target, resulting in either mounting mechanical penalties or aggravated damage (target’s choice)
- ●●●●● Scorched Earth | 5 Glamour | DP: Wyrd + Strength | Turns the area into a blighted waste land that inflicts penalties on all combatants
Vainglory (CTL 146)
- ● Mask of Superiority | 2 Glamour | DP: Wyrd + Intimidation – Subject’s Resolve | Gain a +2 bonus when speaking from a position of authority
- ●● Songs of Distant Arcadia | 2 Glamour | DP: Wyrd + Expression | +(Wyrd) to Expression and Persuasion rolls.
- ●●● Splendor of the Envoy’s Protection | 3 Glamour | DP: Wyrd + Presence | Unable to be attacked by mortals as long as you don’t attack or carry a weapon; supernaturals roll to resist with each attack. Gain Striking Looks •••• for the duration
- ●●●● Mantle of Terrible Beauty | 2 Glamour + 1 Willpower | DP: Wyrd + Intimidate vs Powerstat + Composure | Force mortals and supernaturals to flee in fear with revelation of unearthly beauty
- ●●●●● Words of Memories Never Lived | 3 Glamour + 1 Willpower | DP: Wyrd + Expression vs Powerstat + Composure | Create a story so well-woven that everyone listening believes it wholly
Reflection (Eqnx Rds 34)
- ● Reflections of the Past | 1 Glamour | DP: Wyrd + Wits | See into a reflective surface and see what it has reflected
- ●● Glimpse of a Distant Mirror | 1 Glamour | DP: Wyrd + Composure | Look through any surface the Changeling’s face has been reflected in
- ●●● Reflection’s Grasp | 2 Glamour | DP: Wyrd + Dexterity | Reach through a mirror
- ●●●● Mirror Walk | 3 Glamour | DP: Wyrd + Athletics | Walk through a mirror
- ●●●●● Stealing the Solid Reflection | 3 Glamour + 1 Willpower | DP: Wyrd + Larceny | Create a duplicate of an object by stealing its reflection
Hollow 5 | Mantle 5 | Harvest (Emotions) 4
Initiative Mod: 11
Adelais Lambton grew up mostly in the slums of London on Dean Street, just north of Whitechapel Sreet. Her soldier father had left her with her cousins when she was only six years old, to fight in the Third Ashanti War. Years went by without word from him and eventually, after her cousins abandoned her as too costly another mouth to feed, Adelais found she had to fend for herself.
At 12 she was rediscovered by a distant aunt and was packed off to an upper middle class house on Grosvenor Place. The contrast in worlds soon proved too much for the scruffy, coarse little girl. Prim propriety was something she fought with determined fists.
Her only solace from the tyrannical demands of her aunt lived in the story books she was given. Restless and seemingly imprisoned in a world she hated, she wished with all her might her father would return for her. Her wishes were soon granted. A letter arrived two days later, from a hospital in Kumasi, indicating that her father might still be alive, possibly on his way back to her. Delighted, she had difficulty falling asleep that night, so consumed was she with the hope of their reunion.
She found herself awoken an hour later by a voice, calling her by name. Bleary-eyed, she crept closer to a large hanging mirror above the mantle. She took a closer inspection and nearly stumbled backwards at what she saw. The voice, calling to her in dire need, was coming from her own reflection. She reached out to touch it and in an instant found herself dragged through the thorns of the Hedge.
Her Keeper was the Lambton Worm, an immense sadistic dragon that tortured her and brutally abused her for what felt like decades. The abuse, he informed her, was meant to purge the weakness out of her, as he intended to adopt her as his own heir and to forge her into a kindred dragon. He was convinced his family and hers had long intermarried.
Over the years, Adelais grew colder and more resolved to kill the dragon that had taken her away. She discovered whispers of a weapon feared by many of the Worm’s ancestors. Braving madness and uncertainty out in the Worm’s dominion, she tredged towards the mythical site of the Vorpal Blade. She hid it underneath her pillow for a full year before finding the perfect night to strike. That evening, Adelais found her room-sized serpentine master sleeping atop his bed of bones. She brandished the Vorpal Blade in the moonlight and plunged it deep into his skull, killing him with a fountain of blood and roars.
The Castle began to burn, as if in rage. Adelais, Vorpal Blade in hand, fled her Keeper’s realm as fast as her feet could take her. For what felt like several weeks, she endured starvation and threat in the Hedge, until she finally managed to make it back onto London’s cold rainy streets. Only once she was free of her imprisonment did she surrender to the truth of having killed her master. She wept, with sorrow and with delight, knowing she was both free and completely, irrevocably changed.
Her Keeper had been right. She had become more like him than she realized.
She was found by the then King of London’s Summer Court, a Tunnelgrub known as Absolem. Recognizing a stone-hearted refugee of the Hedge when he saw one, he invited her into his home and nursed her back to health. She spent the next two years as his lieutenant and loyal friend and would’ve been willing to serve him for several years longer had Absolem not been mysteriously murdered. She continues to seek out his killer.
Following Absolem’s death and backed by the majority of Summer Court, Adelais scaled the rungs of court power and eventually rose to take his place.
She has proven a fierce and unrelenting Queen of Summer Court, her vicious Vorpal Blade never far from her reach.